Monday 16 May 2011

Too much theatre, too little time

There is so much out there I would like to see at the moment, but I need to keep up the editing on #bookwithasillyname (as yet untitled), which is terribly time-consuming. I would love to see the JM Barrie adaptation Mary Rose at the Brockley Jack (I wanted to see Project Snowflake there, too, but missed that one). I love the Brockley Jack: great food, great space, interesting productions. I may yet take the time to see I am a Camera at the Rosemary Branch (in Islington, for us South Londoners who don’t know it :-p). I read Goodbye to Berlin a few years ago (soon after saying goodbye to Berlin myself). More Isherwood background might get me off my behind (and computer) and into the theatre. Thrill Me - the Leopold and Loeb story would be awesome if it didn’t freak me out a little. And Cause Celebre is closing soon, too, and it’s too good an opportunity for comparison with Flare Path.

I haven’t been to Theatre503 for a while, but there haven’t been any productions that jumped out at me. I had a chuckle at their most recent production: SOLD. Why am I not surprised that an Australian playwright is writing about real estate? Oh, I know it’s about the characters and dark undercurrents, but there must be people in Australia who aren’t obsessed with real estate (sorry to be harsh on my own peeps).

Plus there’s a Tom Stoppard and then Ralph Fiennes in the Tempest at the Theatre Royal Haymarket. The Trevor Nunn season seems to be drawing me in very effectively...

No comments:

Post a Comment