Sunday 15 May 2011

Ten Lame Titles for my Book

To hopefully get it out of my system, I’m going to brainstorm ten very silly names for my book. It has already had about seven working titles, worthy of varying degrees of cringing. I can’t seem to stop satirising myself. It means I have injected an amusing degree of cynicism into the book (and into that sappy tart Lizzy), but it makes finding a title a minefield.

The reason I’m looking at titles is rather exciting, though. I am going to make some attempts again to get it out there. Still some editing to go, but in a few months I will have a submission (and in a few months after that, I will have a flurry of rejections).

Looking back at my list, I’ve managed to sabotage myself again by including some that might actually be semi-decent. I strongly dislike the self-conscious nature of sharing work. Some of the titles are satisfyingly stupid, though (gonna get that dirt [read: cliches] off my shoulder).


The Bold and the Bitchy
Love for Tweeps (very silly, I know)
Just for Kicks
A Beginner’s Guide to Celebrity
Wag the Blog
Undercover Wag (I know this is in the book, but it still sounds so lame to me! Does ‘Undercover Football Girlfriend’ work? I’m thinking also of a more international readership. How about ‘Undercover Girlfriend’?)
Scoring with Lizzy (ok, so this was a previous working title. I still think it’s silly)
Of Blogs and Men (cannibalising now, I know - I said silly remember)
Booted and Dangerous
Hearts a-Twitter (teehee)

No comments:

Post a Comment